Setting up Domain Backorders
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
If you want to capture a domain name that someone else currently has registered, you can place a backorder. Domain Backorders attempts to register the domain name if it becomes available. Or, if the domain name is listed for auction, Domain Backorders gives you instructions on how to participate.
When you purchase a backorder, you can set it as public or private. Private backorders protect your personal information by not listing it in the Whois database.
If the backorder is not successful, you can reassign it to another domain name or request a refund from our support team.
For more information about the backorder process, see What are Domain Backorders?
Certain country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), such as .us, have residency requirements. If you want to backorder a ccTLD, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names) to find the Help article with its residency requirements.
To Set up Domain Backorders
- Log in to your RegisterNuke.com account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Click Add Backorders. The Backorder Domains window displays.
- For Backorder type, select one of the following:
- Public — Lists your personal contact information in the Whois database.
- Private — Publishes proxy contact information in the Whois database. For more information, see Private Registration FAQ
- Select I have read and agree to ... , and then click Next.
- Enter the domain names you want to backorder (one per line), and then click Next.
- Complete the following, and then click Next:
- Email address 1 — Enter the email address you want us to send status-change notifications to.
- (Optional) Email address 2 — Enter the secondary email address you want us to send status-change notifications to.
- If necessary, edit your contact information, and then click Next.
- From the Number of credits to use list, select the number of credits you want to apply, and then click Next.
NOTE: The credits in the list are the number you have available for the transaction. If you do not have enough credits, we take you to the shopping cart to complete the purchase.
- If you selected Private as the backorder type, select I have read the Domain Name Proxy Agreement ... , and then click Next.
- If you need to purchase backorder credits or Private Registration, continue through the checkout process.
Your backordered domain name displays on the Backorders and Monitoring page of the Domain Manager.