Set up Your Email Address with POP
Post Office Protocol (POP) can be used with any email plan. It has limitations when trying to access your email from multiple devices, but any email service will support POP. Read more about the difference between IMAP and POP. If you don't know what your email account supports, check out: POP or IMAP: How do I know what type of account I have?
These are generic instructions, and may differ, depending on which client you are using. Please see More Info for specific client instructions.
- You need to know your POP server address and available ports. To find them, go to the Email Setup Center.
- Open your chosen email client, and create a new account.
- Locate the POP settings area.
- Enter the following:
Field Enter Username Your full email address Password Your email account password Incoming Mail Server The information shown in the Email Setup Center Outgoing Mail Server The information shown in the Email Setup Center Incoming Port One of the options shown in the Email Setup Center, for with or without SSL Outgoing Port One of the options shown in the Email Setup Center, for with or without SSL
- Your email client may require password authentication for your Outgoing Mail Server. If so, you must have the server log on, and enter your full email address and password in the Outgoing Mail Server settings area.
- After your desktop client is set up, you can set up your Workspace email on your mobile phone:
- For help with a specific mail client, see the following help articles:
- You can also refer to the email client provider's help documentation:
As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.