IMAP: Set up Email
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
Note: If you're upgrading from POP to IMAP, rest assured, you will not lose your previous email data. Simply follow the steps below to set up a new mailbox on your preferred device or email client to retrieve your messages.
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) lets you access email stored on a server from multiple devices. To use IMAP email, you must have an email plan that supports IMAP. If you have IMAP-enabled Workspace email, you can set it up in pretty much any email client, on whatever computer or device you want.
Note: These are generic instructions, and may differ, depending on which client you are using. Please see More Info for specific client instructions.
- You need to know your IMAP server address and available ports. To find them, go to the Email Setup Center.
- Open your chosen email client, and create a new account.
- Locate the IMAP settings area.
- Enter the following:
Field Enter Username Your full email address Password Your email account password Incoming Mail Server The information shown in the Email Setup Center Outgoing Mail Server The information shown in the Email Setup Center Incoming Port One of the options shown in the Email Setup Center, for with or without SSL Outgoing Port One of the options shown in the Email Setup Center, for with or without SSL
- Your email client may require password authentication for your Outgoing Mail Server. If so, you must have the server log on, and enter your full email address and password in the Outgoing Mail Server settings area.
Note: Our servers may use different names for folders than the client you're setting up. You may need to map folders, to get them to sync properly. We recommend searching the Internet for instructions on correctly mapping your folders, for your specific client.
- After your desktop client is set up, you can set up your Workspace email on your mobile phone:
- For help with a specific mail client, see the following help articles:
- You can also refer to the email client provider's help documentation:
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.