Premium DNS FAQ
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
What is Premium DNS?
Premium DNS accounts offer a higher level of support and advanced features to add power, flexibility, and control to your DNS management:
- Secondary DNS — Back up your DNS zones with a secondary nameserver so your domain names never go offline.
- Fully Managed DNSSEC — Increase security by authenticating the origin of DNS data. For more information, see DNSSEC FAQ.
- DNS Templates — Save time by applying DNS templates to the domain names in your Premium DNS Dashboard.
- Reports — Crunch numbers with log tracking, mondo data retention (storage for large amounts of data), and reporting that's both flexible and customizable.
- Admin Control — Delegate administrator privileges with ease.
To upgrade to Premium DNS, see Upgrade to Premium DNS.
What is Secondary DNS?
Secondary DNS provides redundancy for your primary nameservers. If something goes wrong with your primary (and only) nameserver set, you run the risk of requests hitting a dead end with nowhere else to go. You can back up your DNS zones with Secondary DNS (a secondary nameserver) so your domain name never goes offline.
If you manage your own nameservers and want redundancy or a backup, you can enable this advanced feature in your Premium DNS account. For more information, see What is Secondary DNS?.