Add Off-Site DNS
To manage the DNS for an off-site domain name, you must first add it to the DNS Dashboard, and then change your nameservers at your current registrar.
- Log in to your COMPANY_NAME account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the upper right corner, select (List View).
- From the More icon, select Add Off-site from the menu:
- In the Domain name field, enter the domain name you want to manage with Off-site DNS.
- (Optional) If you plan to transfer the domain name's registration to us and you want to transfer its existing DNS records as well, select The domain will be transferred ... . We apply the zone file to the domain name upon transfer. Otherwise, do not select this option.
- Click Next and then click Finish. Allow a few minutes for your domain to display in your domain list.
- Contact your current registrar to update your nameservers to the following:
You can find your domain name's Premium DNS nameservers in the Zone File Editor. To access the Zone File Editor from the Premium DNS Dashboard, click Edit Zone for the domain name you want to view, and then go to the NS (Nameserver) section. Your nameservers will be in these ranges:
Nameservers use consecutive odd and even pairs, so PDNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM works with PDNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM, whereas PDNS12.DOMAINCONTROL.COM would not work with PDNS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM.
After updating your nameservers, allow 4 to 8 hours for other networks to access information for .com and .net domain names, and allow 24 to 48 hours for other networks to access information for all other domain extensions. If you have difficulty, contact our 24/7 technical support team for assistance.
- To access your domain's zone files, see Access Off-site DNS.