Add DNS Hosting
To manage the DNS for a domain registered at another company, you must first add DNS Hosting, and then change your nameservers at your current registrar.
- Log in to your COMPANY_NAME account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the DNS menu, select Add DNS Hosting:
- In the Domain Name field, enter the name of the domain you want to manage with DNS Hosting and click Next.
- Contact your current registrar to update your nameservers to the following:
- Once the nameservers at your current registrar are updated, click Manage DNS to view the DNS Management page. Under the Nameservers section, your nameservers will be in these ranges: [pdns01-pdns13].domaincontrol.com
If you do not have a domain in a COMPANY_NAME account, you'll need to create a new account.
After updating your nameservers, allow 4 to 8 hours for other networks to access information for .com and .net domain names, and allow 24 to 48 hours for other networks to access information for all other domain extensions.
Nameservers use consecutive odd and even pairs, so PDNS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM works with PDNS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM, whereas PDNS12.DOMAINCONTROL.COM would not work with PDNS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM.
If you have difficulty, contact our 24/7 technical support team for assistance.
- To access your domain's DNS files, see Access DNS Hosting.