Transfer Domain Names to Hostn.com
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
It's not difficult to transfer your domain name to Hostn.com. You'll complete some steps with your current registrar and some steps with Hostn.com. The total process can take 7 to 10 days to complete.
If you're looking to:
- Move a domain name from one Hostn.com account to another Hostn.com account, see Move a domain to another Hostn.com account.
- Transfer a domain name from Hostn.com to another registrar, see Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar.
You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact's organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
For more information, see ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and our Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement.
To transfer a domain name to Hostn.com
Complete the following steps with your current registrar
- Verify contact information: Verify that the administrator's contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator's email.
For .au domains, all transfer information is sent to the registrant contact's email.
- Unlock the domain name.
- Cancel Protected or Private registration: If the domain has Protected Registration or Private Registration, you'll need to cancel it.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
Complete the following steps at Hostn.com
- Purchase a domain name transfer from our website. If the extension you want to transfer isn't listed, you can't transfer the domain name to us.
If you purchased a .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, or .se domain name transfer, see the respective article for additional transfer instructions:
- Check your email: check the domain name's administrative contact (admin) email (or registrant contact's email for .au domains) for an email from Hostn.com. The email contains the transaction ID and security code you'll need to authorize the transfer.
- Authorize your domain name transfer to Hostn.com.