Set Custom Nameservers for Domains Registered with COMPANY_NAME
If your domain name is registered with COMPANY_NAME but hosted through another company (or on a server you control), you'll need to change its nameservers. What those are, we don't know! You'll have to talk to your hosting provider or admin to find out what your custom nameservers should be, and then you can easily set them.
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, under Nameservers, click Change.
- Under Choose your new nameserver type, select Custom.
- Enter the custom nameservers your hosting provider gave you and click Save.
After updating your nameservers, allow 4 to 8 hours for other networks to access information for .com and .net domain names, and allow 24 to 48 hours for other networks to access information for all other domain extensions. If you have difficulty, contact our 24/7 technical support team for assistance.
- Learn about Custom Nameserver Restrictions on .com, .net, and .edu extensions.